A FEW REVIEWS FROM READERS
Please check out all of the reviews for my books from my Amazon’s Author page by clicking on each individual book. As an example, I’ve included the page for just the reviews for Annie Mouse’s Route 66 Adventure here.
· “The Annie Mouse series is a rare treat that proves learning can be fun and exciting. In the latest installment of the Annie Mouse series Anne Slanina deftly crafts a delightful treat that will ignite children’s interest in reading and in America’s most famous highway.” Jim Hinckley, author of Travel Route 66: A Guide to the History, Sights and Destinations Along the Main Street of America, and many others. (From the back of Annie Mouse’s Route 66 Family Vacation, 2014).
· Thank you so much for coming to read to us. We enjoy reading the adventures of Annie. My older students really enjoyed Route 66 and we used the book to study regions of the US. Lisa, teacher at Laurel Elementary, Dec. 2011.
· “I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your books. I just love the drawings and my son Keenan (Tonka) loves them more than I!!!... Just wanted to say your books are great keep up the good work.” Holly from NM (email Oct. 2008)
· From an email following the PAEYC Conference, Oct. 2008: “I really enjoyed your presentation Saturday. I am excited to take my Annie books to school Monday.” Amy in Greenville, PA
· An email received on October 27, 2007 following the New Castle, PA Mothers of Preschoolers Business and Craft Fair: Hi Miss Anne, it's me that little ten year old girl you met at the Craft Fair. I just wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed the books and I know that the other kids will enjoy them too. Thank you so much for letting me read them. (Author’s note: Lexi read the original text version of Annie Mouse Meets her Guardian Angel and Baby Brother Goes to the Hospital.) They are very good books and that all the other kids should know about them. They were very enjoyable for me. I really liked them a lot. I also think you should write more books so that they catch on. Sincerely, Lexi H.
· Very nice that one way given for Annie to feel better is to offer to help her mother-thus helping her mother as well as herself; a good lesson for kid readers...The illustrations are cute and colorful: the expressive faces on the mice are just wonderful." Writer's Digest Review (2005, Annie Mouse Meets Her Guardian Angel, original text edition).
· "Annie has arrived and is so precious, I can't wait to share it with my grandchildren." Mary Jane B., Kansas City. (2005)
· "I was so impressed by the subject that you chose and the creative way in which you conveyed this major problem that exists in the busy stressful life of families today. It really touched home for me... What a wonderful coping tool you are giving to those children who feel afraid, alone and unappreciated..." Mary T., Preschool Teacher, Pittsburgh, PA. (2005)
· "Caitlin is enjoying the book. I read it to her once and as soon as I was done she asked, "again NaaNaa." Bev S., Harrisville, PA. (2005, Annie Mouse Meets her Guardian Angel, original text edition).
· "...it will be a very useful tool to help little ones understand the adults in their lives..." Lynn, PA.